Treated water is not just used for drinking.
Treated water is not just used for drinking, but also in many other ways, making it one of the most wasted resource in the City. Most competent water engineers and some knowledgeable water treatment plant operators will affirm that less than 1% of treated water is used for drinking.
Treated water is used for but not limited to:
- food processing
- juice and other beverage making
- flushing toilets
- washing dishes by hand
- washing dishes by machine
- washing clothes
- washing floors, windows, inside and outside walls
- washing cars, trucks, vans and driveways
- watering lawns
- watering gardens
- irrigating farm land
- washing streets
- putting out fires
- many industrial processes (cooling cutting wheels and drills, coolant for many other production processes, flushing of contaminants from industrial production, hydro-cutting of mechanical and electronic parts, etc)
- used in cooling towers for air conditioning
- many commercial applications (car washes, building window washing, building cleaning, flushing of hospital, business, restaurant and other commercial building toilets, etc)
- restaurant food preparation
- water fountains
- fish tanks
- swimming pools
- to generate steam in steam saunas
- spas (hot tubs)
- distillation for water purification purposes
- dialysis machines
It now becomes abundantly clear that water fluoridation is a tremendous waste of tax dollars, not counting that fluoridation does not save a single tooth from tooth decay, and it is therefore an abuse of this most valuable resource.
As silly as this may sound, does the grass on lawns have teeth that need fluoride to protect them from decay? Do fires have teeth that need fluoride to protect them from decay? Do swimming pools, streets, gardens, cars, have teeth? etc, etc… How about the water distribution pipes?
Consider as well that Ottawa's water distribution pipe infrastructure has many leaks that allow the contaminants of this “Fluoride” Hydrofluorosilicic acid to contaminate the environment in a way that was banned by the U.S. EPA as an environmental contaminant in the first place.
Ask yourself how is it possible that a banned environmental contaminant can be put into a specially built tanker truck, because of its highly corrosive nature, and by being shipped to our water treatment plants, it is somehow magically transformed into a medicinal substance that can treat tooth decay. Now that 's amazing!
Isn't it time you gave serious thought to ending fluoridation. How? Let's talk about it.
Join the conversation on Facebook and get informed. Do your own research independent of the government talking heads and uninformed official spokespeople. Come to one of our monthly meetings or meet with the president of Fluoridation-Free Ottawa to get the whole story on fluoridation.
Stop deferring to misinformed health authorities that have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.
To download this document as a Word Document, click here
for the Adobe Reader version.